Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Saving the Light

I love having it stay light longer. I hate getting up earlier because when I go to bed earlier, I can't go to sleep. Then in the morning I can't get up. I might adjust, but then again I might stay grouchy for the rest of spring. In spite of that, I met my word count yesterday.

I went to a pastel society meeting last night and we saw 200 of the works submitted to the Pastel Society of America show in New York. Art is just as subjective as writing. Some things the judges awarded, the rest of us were going "huh?" Some spectacular things didn't get awards at all. Amazing. Some made you say "And why am I trying to paint anyway, I'll never be that good." Others gave you hope because you knew you had done something at least that good.

Keep writing anyway. You know who you are.

No comments:

Blog Archive