Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Which way to go.

My daughter and her partner live in Houston, rather south of Houston proper in Clear Lake, near NASA. If Ike makes the wrong turn, they could have to evacuate, especially if it builds to a Cat 3 over the gulf. I read a blog where someone from Texas liked the fact that you get so much warning with a hurricane, but to me, you have to worry for a week or two as the storm inches toward you. You have to decide how to get out, what route to take, then just as you think you're in the clear, it turns at the last minute and its too late to leave.

I don't want all the angst. Let the storm pop-up, hit and leave, don't make me watch the monster come and anticipate being eaten up for days before the attack. I prefer tornadoes. They come and go in minutes, hit a small area, as compared to Hurricanes and then you just clean up the mess they left behind.

When it's my time, I want to go quickly, without warning, so I don't have to worry about leaving things unfinished, or people bereft. Yes, I'm selfish and I want the easy way out.

No comments:

Blog Archive