Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Traffic

Do you love it? How true. We hate for our journeys to be interrupted. It really makes us angry for the way to be blocked or multiple lanes to be taken down to one. And does it piss you off when someone whizzes past you only to try and jump in front of you when the lanes merge? Does me.

What I hate is for that mad rush, jockey for position mentality to bleed into the writing, which is what it feels like when I'm cheking sales rankings on Amazon or rushing to an online site for promotion.

I just want to tell my story, have fun, let someone escape to another world, write the best thing I can. Okay, so it's not realistic. I don't care. The writing is the fun part. That's what I want to do.

What's the part of the writing process you hate the most?

No comments: