Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Insults

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:She said, "If you were my husband, I'd give you poison."He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

Do you remember when people used language to insult each other, rather than four letter words? No? Well it was before e-mail, voice mail, twitter and texting. It was in the olden days when people not only used real language but enjoyed it. No BFFs LOLing all over the place. There were real words then, strung together to mean something.

Insults could actually be humerous and still be cutting, subtle but unmistakable. Conye West couldn't have conceived of one because he's just rapping "In your face." Destroying happy moments for other people.

I'll be featuring some of those lost insults on the blog just for fun. See what you can come up with, both cleaver and cutting, humor is a must.

No comments: