Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Thyme to Rhyme-Poetry Prompt
This form is called the big ten. Write 10 lines, ten syllables for each line. Use any kind of meter, rhyme or subject.
Use this form and write a snapshot poem.
North Texas summer, honeysuckle sweet
long days bright with all possibilities.
Adventure, swimming pool mermaid, chlorine-
scented hair, flowered swim cap like Esther.
Baby oil and iodine, sun worship
confession, movie magazines, real life.
Reading for hours, living other lives
Saturday morning movie theatre
Let's pretend, all the way home, jungle queen
wearring crinoline and penney loafers.
Your turn, pick a day, put a poem in comments, have fun with it.
- Monday Mash-up, Tali's Tarot Tips
- Six Sentence Sunday
- Writing Tricks and Treats
- Thyme to Rhyme-Poetry Prompt
- Monday Mash-up
- Just heard about something called "Six Sentence S...
- Writing-Tips and Tricks
- Wednesday Thyme to Rhyme (or not)
- Monday Mash-up (Tarot and Magical Tiddly-bits.)
- Middle Eastern Poetry meets Bollywood and more.
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (79)
- ► 2008 (158)