Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reading Dogs

A quite funny friend of mine, Dave Wiley, shared the following on a Large Gardian Dogs site when one poor person asked for recommendations of books to read about Samoyed breed dogs.

Innocent Question

I would also love recommendations for Samoyed reading material, if people have any favorite books or websites.

Dave's not so innocent. Response
My Sammie's like to read anything by Dr. Suess. A few of their favorites include - Cat in the hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, and the Cat in the Hat Comes Back.
To generalize, I think as long as you purchase books that rhyme, contain some sort of enemy or edible animal, or food related items, Sammie's will enjoy them.
I also went ahead and laminated the books, since the doggy magazine rack is exposed to the elements. I tried putting it by the door, but then everyone would forget his/her book and I'd have to let them back in and out. Then they'd leave the book outside and I'd have to send them back out for it. It was just too much of a hassle.
Really the hardest part of picking out Samoyed reading material wasn't the content, it was teaching them about the silent E at the end of a word. I don't have any idea what that is so hard to grasp for a Sammy.
Dave Wiley


Love this guy's sense of humor. (Also he's cute and alas very married with kids.)

No comments:

Blog Archive