Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day

Tomorrow, turkey. Yay. I love turkey and home made cranberry sauce. I have to get busy and make the sauce tonight. I'm going to my son's and mother-in-law's houses. After Lori and I get back from Houston, I will have to roast a small turkey just to have left-overs for the turkey sandwiches I love. It's all about the food you know. Our traditions always revolved around special breads, foods, desserts for holidays. We always had black olives and spiced peaches during the holidays(no not together.) My mother made cranberry sauce from scratch and I carried on that tradition. We had sparkling burgundy-hard to find. All the other usual suspects. At Christmas we added a fried Norwegian pastry sprinkled with powdered sugar. I need to try and make some again this year. Haven't done it for a while and I love them, plus my Christmas yeast braid bread is a tradition.

Yes, all about food, the smell of cinnamon, baking bread, candles, colors and family. That's what counts and the list of things to be grateful for. Yeah, yeah, don't end the sentence with a preposition. I know. Gratitude-2007:

A new job I love.
A wonderful boss.
Publication of "Privy to Murder" and "Fairy Dust"
International publication of "Infection Control Program Guide."
Eternal Press as a publisher
An editor, Deborah who is also an advocate for my work.
Another editor, Mary, who tries to look after me.
Finding a new doctor for Lori, even if he's in Houston
Christie and Lacey.
All my children
Health
Books to read.

No comments:

Blog Archive