Friday, June 20, 2008

Website and rewrites

First, do you know how hard it is to cut words you like? Hard. My CP looked at my first chapter for BLOODY MURDER and figured out I should begin with the murder scene. Duh. Why didn't I think of that. Well, I did, I just couldn't bring myself to do it since all my words are jewels, why should I throw any of them out? I did it. It hurt. Ditched most of the first chapter and it will be a better book for it with a good hook. Pull people right into the action. Had to do the same thing with Privy, wrote a first chapter I had to get rid of. Slow learner.

Go to www.carolshenold.com I finally found a layout I like. See what you think. I wanted dark and mysterious and this is the one I found. Of course, knowing me, I'll keep experimenting to keep it interesting. I tried some fantasy stuff but it didn't work, too anime or cartoonish. Still need to find something I like for My space. I hate using it, just doesn't seem friendly.

No comments:

Blog Archive