Wednesday, August 29, 2007

News?


Hypocrisy drives me nuts. And yes, I've been listening to the news. Admit it, you have too so you know what I'm talking about. If you're a politician, and you do something stupid, don't think you can cover it up because when someone finds out, no one is particularly forgiving. If you're a politician and admit up front that you screwed up, people will accept it. Never go into politics thinking that your private life is private. Whatever is in your past is now public. Is that right, maybe not, but it's a fact of life. And, if you come out publicly against a particularly volatile issue, shall we say same sex marriage, if there's even a hint of that same leaning in your own life, there will be someone willing to make certain that hint becomes public. OK, not on topic. We're talking about writing here not stupid politicians. I know, they're all stupid, but you know what I meant.



I'm doing final edits on my book. Do you know how many repeated words and other stupid stuff I'm still finding, even with multiple edits by multiple people? Is there such a thing as a perfect manuscript? If so, it most certainly isn't mine. But, it will get better. I'm on a deadline with the edits so I'd better get with the program.

No comments:

Blog Archive