Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Good and Bad of it.

Good things. My new desk was delivered. When I get a picture scanned in, I'll post it. Loved putting everything in place and looking at it. Now, of course, I have to do something like sit at it and actually work, write, put the butt on the chair. What's up with that.

Besides Yasmine Galenorn's Otherword series, "Witchling", "Changeling" and the Butcher, "Wizard for Hire" series, I have found another writer I like. I'm sure her erotic she writes for Elora's Cave is excellent, but she has started a new series. The first one is "I'm the Vampire, That's Why." Desperate Housewives meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's too funny. The next one is "Don't Talk Back to your Vampire." Humor and horror. What more could you ask for. Yes, I'm on an urban fantasy kick, so what? I'm old enough to read anything I want. Besides it's fun. I also have the Witch for Hire, Kim Harrison series stacked up and hear from Rinda they are good. Just haven't started yet.

The bad. You knew I'd get to it. ER docs think Lori has Sarcoidosis, an auto-immune, connective tissue disease. They first thought it was pneumonia after a chest x-ray but after the CT, now they think Sarcoidosis. Hers appears to be pulmonary and skin, but we'll know more after she sees her PCP and a Pulmonologist. She really needs another diagnosis to go along with Lupus, Bi-polar, Epilepsy, Asthma etc. The saga continues.

To end on a good note, the weather has turned beautiful and I hate being indoors all day. Can't wait for the weekend so I can have coffee on the patio and listen to the birds.

2 comments:

Rinda Elliott said...

That is simply not fair. I know nothing about that illness so I'll have to look it up. But it simply isn't fair to Lori. She has enough on her plate.

I'm so sorry, Carol.

Carol said...

She saw her PCP and they think it's Sarcoidosis or Non Hodgkins Lymphoma but they're trying to get her in to see a pulmonologist, who will want to do a biopsy. It's the pits.

Blog Archive