Thursday, September 20, 2007

Autumn

Yasmine http://yasmine-galenorn.blogspot.com was talking about autumn in Seattle. It's a little different in Texas and Oklahoma, still hot here. But in the fall, I remember picking up pecans, smelling burning leaves, looking forward to Halloween, always a favorite of mine, spinning right into the Thanksgiving and Christmas madness. I love the cooler weather, firing up the chimenea with pinon wood, baking more, cooking chili, and stew and other one dish things I can pop in the oven. And if the timing is right for the first snow, baking bread while the snow is coming down.

Movies like the HALLOWEEN TREE, SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, DEAD POET SOCIETY, PRACTICAL MAGIC. Kids going back to school, homecomings, all the fun stuff I did will my own kids when they were in school and see happening with kids now. Football, oh yes, it has started, want it or not, love it or hate it.

I do love Autumn, my favorite season.

No comments:

Blog Archive