Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life

OJ is back in the news, my daughter is coming home, life is threatening to get in the way of my writing again. Not fair. What if I had the chance to write without responsibilities pushing into the time I want to use for writing? Oh, wait. I tried that once. Know what, I got much less done because I procrastinated, thinking I had all the time in the world. Now, I have to plan ahead, write anywhere, take whatever I need to use with me so I have it, even during a trip to the ER. Plan to turn something on the TV I can ignore or better yet, when there's a choice, write where no TV exists. What a thought, no TV.
Life is an excuse sometimes, but often we can be productive in spite of the extraneous things demanding our attention at all times. It takes effort. It may take getting up early, staying up late or writing at odd times in strange places. It boils down to how badly you want to write or do anything else. If you really want it, you will find a way.

No comments:

Blog Archive