Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
48,279 / 80,000
(60.3%)


First the good. I reached my goal today, plus a little more. A good thing. The bad thing, I found one of my stories from "Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul" posted on a blog without my permission. How about copywrite infringement? The ugly? It makes me mad when someone steals my stuff. You put everything into your writing and there are people out there who just ignore the fact that you sacrificed time and who knows what trying to learn your craft.

Like my writing today, not a masterpiece, just a first draft effort, but I worked hard at it. It is mine and full of me. Just so frustrating.

1 comment:

Rinda Elliott said...

Did they put your name on it? Have you told Amy and the others who helped put that book together?

Oh, this burns me, too. I had this happen to me, only the writer put her own name on my work. Is that what happened here?

Blog Archive