Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh Baby


Watching myself make headway with my writing feels good. But I have to get past the idea of comparing my own progress to anyone elses. When I see other people whip out manuscripts twice as long as mine, and I'm struggling with 70,000 plus words, I'm capable talking myself into an inferiority complex. Also, as I get older, I compare myself to the younger writers and come up on the short end-of-the-stick in my own mind. So, today is positive thinking day and accepting my own accomplishments without indulging in negative comparisons. I'm as young as the image in my head and look how cute that image is.

2 comments:

Yasmine Galenorn said...

Oh Carol, you have to curb that. Comparing yourself to other writers--for whatever the reason--is the way to madness and writer's block. Every writer has her own pace, every writer has her own niche, and every writer is unique. That's why comparisons are so useless--unless you're lifting from somebody else, your work should always reflect your voice, your style, your heart and passion.

Hugs and love,
Yazza

Carol said...

So good to hear from you, Yas. And you are right, one of those demons I have to fight every now and then. Love and hugs to you and Samwise and furry friends. Carol

Blog Archive